There is no limit to the amount of dDrives that you can create and each one has its own URL. Each URL is referred to as a "dWeb URL" and always starts with
dweb://. You can share a dWeb URL so that anyone with a dWeb-enabled web browser can visit it.
Only the creator of a dDrive can change the files within it, which means that visitors to a dDrive can only few it. Although, it is important to note that they can clone a dDrive, so that they can make their own editable copy, which can be published as their own on the dWeb.
Creating A dDrive
To create a dDrive:
- Click on the hamburger menu on the top right of the browser.
- Then select "New dDrive..."
- You will be prompted to input a title and optionally a description, which are used to identify the dDrive on your local machine.
- You will be taken to your new dDrive which will be mostly empty.
- Your dDrive is now ready to edit. You can create a new
index.md(for Markdown) or
index.html(for HTML) by clicking on the links below the directory listing.
- Lastly, you can use dBrowser's built-in editor to develop whatever you'd like within the dDrive.